*September 9th*

Here's an eye-opening, mind-opening question to ask myself: "What am I doing with what I've got?" ... Instead of crying over what I don't have, and wishing my life were different, "what am I doing with what I've got?"

Am I sure I'm doing everything possible to make my life a success? Am I using my capabilities well, to help others who also have needs? Do I recognize and appreciate all I have to be grateful for?

Actually, I am the possessor of unlimited resources that have been given to me. The more I do with them, the more they will grow, to overshadow and cancel out the difficult and painful aspects that now get so much of my attention.

Today's Reminder
Isn't my life full of potential good that I'm not using? Couldn't I bring it to fruition by changing my attitude? As a beginning, I will apply liberal amounts of gratitude for even my littlest advantages and pleasures. When I build on this precious foundation of present, tangible good, things will continue to change for the better.

"God give me power within me to be grateful for all the good things I have been taking for granted."

[Taken and fashioned from "One Day At A Time In Al-Anon"
for general family relationships by Jim Hogue, MA, MFTI]

No comments: