*September 24th*

We can get unlimited benefits from changing our way of thinking, changing the way we cast blame and argue. Indeed this is not an easy task. Actually, there is nothing more difficult in life.

"May we no longer blame others." ... This one idea could be explored and meditated from now until the end of our days. What would happen if we did this? We would experience miracles of tolerance and grace. Rich spiritual rewards, reflected in a life of real fulfillment.

Today's Reminder
I will purpose to no longer preoccupy my mind with blaming thoughts of others. How can I know what another is going through in his or her struggle with ever-present escapes? How can I know of another's efforts to improve? I will not blame the other person. I will not blame anyone. I will not blame myself.

"Who is to blame? Whom have I the right to blame? Let me concentrate on keeping my own conduct from being at fault. I cannot do more than this."

[Taken and fashioned from "One Day At A Time In Al-Anon"
for general family relationships by Jim Hogue, MA, MFTI]

No comments: