*September 29th*

The time I spend in reviewing the past, mourning over past mistakes and failures, is time lost. Our yesterdays have no importance except as experience in making today fruitful. ... Regrets and self-condemnation for what we did or left undone, only destroy the self-esteem we could derive from a "balanced" view of ourselves.

Today's Reminder
Regrets for hurtful things I have done to others may be healed by making amends as well as I can. Feeling bad for missed opportunities will vanish as I try to make wise choices today. Let me fill this one day with thoughts and actions that will lead me to have no need for regret. Let me undertake only as much as I can accomplish well, without haste or tension.

"Just for today, I will live through this one day only and not tackle all my problems at once. Those of the past need not concern me today; future problems can be faced at they arise."

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."

(Book of Matthew)

[Taken and fashioned from "One Day At A Time In Al-Anon"
for general family relationships by Jim Hogue, MA, MFTI]

No comments: