*September 15th*

A good way to "get out from under" some of our daily problems is to stop "reacting" to everything that occurs. Some of us have a constant drive to do "something" about everything that someone says to us.

There is a time to act, of course. But the action should be based on careful thinking out of the factors. It should not be triggered by every wind that blows. When something displeases us, it isn't a threat to our lives, our safety, or anything important. If we keep it in perspective, it will help us to "let it go."

Today's Reminder
I will try to overcome my tendency to react to what people say or do. I can't know why they do it, because I cannot understand their inner unhappiness and compulsions, any more than they can understand mine. When I "react", I put the control of my peace of mind in the hands of others. My serenity is under "my" control, and I will not relinquish it for trivial occurrences.

"I pray for the tolerance and the wisdom to avoid reacting to what other people say and do."

[Taken and fashioned from "One Day At A Time In Al-Anon"
for general family relationships by Jim Hogue, MA, MFTI]

1 comment:

Serginator1 said...

It is quite interesting that we need to respond as I have by taking action and agreeing with what you have said. The interaction is just a means by what we do and how others precieve it but I guess each person has a story that needs/wants to be shared.