*November 5th*

Once a man died and found himself before the pearly gates of heaven. The man always wanted to go to heaven, but wasn't sure he would get there. He looked around, admired the scenery, then noticed St. Peter standing there. To him he asked, "What must I do to get into heaven?"

Peter replied, "All you need do is spell the word "love." The man was shocked and said, "I never realized it was so easy to get into heaven." ... "I can do that!" he went on, then he promptly spelled the world "L - O - V - E".

After this St. Peter said he had to take a break, so he asked the man if he would stand watch in his place until he returned, and simply ask people to do what he did. "Oh, yes", said the man. "I can do that. "Don't you worry!" the man said, as he promptly proceeded to perform his assigned task.

Person after person went by, each competently spelling the word "LOVE". Finally, to the man's utter amazement, his wife suddenly appeared at the head of the line!

"Honey, why are you here," the man exclaimed.

The woman answered, "Well, I was driving home after your funeral, then remarkably, another vehicle slammed into the side of me and I was killed!" She went on, "What must I do to get into heaven?" Her husband answered, "Spell Czechoslovakia!" ...

Now, there are three points to this story:

(1) This is "not" nice.
(2) In psychology this is called "passive aggressive behavior".
(3) Do not treat your spouse or kids this way.
(4) If you happen to be in the PTI Program, "PLEASE", whatever you do, "do not do this to me!!!"

[Written by Jim Hogue, MA, MFTI /
Supervisor: Peter Mosgofian, MA, MFT ]

No comments: