*August 25th*

Have I ever accomplished anything good while my emotions were churning with hysteria? Am I aware that reacting on impulse - saying the first thing that pops into my head - defeats my own purposes? I couldn't lose by stopping to think: "Easy Does It". Wouldn't any crisis shrink to manageable size if I could wait a little while to figure out what is best to do? Unless I'm sure I'm pouring oil on troubled waters, and not on a raging fire, it might be best to do and say nothing until things calm down. "Easy Does It."

Today's Reminder
It may take a bit of self-control to back away from conflict and confusion. But it's wonderful protection for my peace of mind. Unless I can say or do something to quell the storm, I'll only be inflicting punishment on myself. And each little battle I win - "with myself" - makes the next one easier. It will all seem much less important tomorrow!

"Quietness is a great ally, my friend. As long as I keep my poise, I will do nothing to make bad matters worse."

[Taken and fashioned from "One Day At A Time In Alinon". Specifically designed for parent-child relationships by Jim Hogue, MA, MFTI, (8-25)]

No comments: